Day 1 :
The University of Buckingham, UK
Keynote: Leptadenia hastata leaf extracts reduce bodyweight gain and improve insulin sensitivity in two animal models of obesity and insulin resistance
Time : 9.00-9.45
Mohamed was awarded his BSc in Biochemistry and his MSc in Nutrition and Human Physiology from the School of Sciences and his PhD from Medical School, (Dijon, France) in 1993, where he worked on the effect of oral anti diabetic drugs on hepatic protein metabolism regulation. Mohamed joined the University of Buckingham in 2005 at Buckingham Institute for Translational Medicine (BITM). He brought his extensive experience in metabolic diseases acquired at Dospharm Biotech Company and the European Centre of Bioprospectives (Normandy, France) where he was managing collaborative research with Lipha-Merck, Air Liquid Sante and Beaufour-IPSEN on the investigation of novel drugs and plant extracts as a potential treatment of degenerative diseases. Mohamed is Associate Director at the School of Postgraduate Medicine & Allied Health, and is the Head of BITM. He is leading the University research group investigating the beneficial effects of medicinal plants on metabolic and neurodegenerative diseases with our academic and industrial partners.
St. Josef-Hospital, Germany
Keynote: Use of biological plant substances in chronic diseases as well as in the treatment of cancer as a supplement to classical therapies including hyperthermia: From the kitchen to the clinic
Time : 9:45-10:30
The treatment of chronic diseases, including cancer, is very complex and requires a coordinated interaction of all disciplines. In my experience, there are no real alternative therapies. The success comes from the right combination of treatment options from many areas. In case of failure of the guidelines treatment or in case of recurrence there are limited treatment possibilities. What to do now? That is the question! Few new treatments are available:
1. Hyperthermia is an innovative method in treatment of cancer and chronic diseases, well studied and auspicious, showing considerable enhancement of therapeutic success. The result of experimental and clinical studies point out that hyperthermia is an ideal integrative/complementary therapy and a potent sensitizer for phyto-, radio- or chemotherapy. Hyperthermia is an very potent issue in detoxification, chronically diseases e.g. skin diseases, Burn-outSyndromes, Immune deficiency, lime disease and many more indications in combination.
2. Phytopharmacons (plant origin, herbal medicine, some examples) • Curcumin, a natural compound commonly found in the food spice turmeric, has been shown to have excellent anticancer activity via various molecular and cellular pathways, and has attracted much attention for its potential use as a non-toxic anticancer agent. Curcumin has a very sprite indication in many chronicle, cancer and auto immune diseases. C. treatment inhibited NF-kappaB (potent antiinflammatory agent).
• Vitamin C thousands of publication in medical papers with success in inflammatory, infections, auto immune, chronicle diseases and cancer
• Hypericine has been shown to be able to induce apoptosis and radiosensitize tumor cells, and to have antiinflammatory and phototoxic skin effects. Hypericin treatment inhibited NF-kappaB (potent antiinflammatory agent).
• Ginger has a potential preventive property against some chronic diseases, especially diabetes, hypertension, coronary heart disease [CHD], hyperlipidemia, cerebrovascular disease, fatty liver, anemia, and tumor). Daily ginger consumption was associated with decreased risk for hypertension and in other chronical diseases.
Healology University, UAE
Time : 11:00-11:45